19 February 2007

On death and tea

Saturday I went to the funeral of a woman I've known, well, I guess most of my life. She was a member of the church I grew up in, and was in the church choir (of which I was also a member). In recent years I've gone to church less and less, so I haven't see her too much lately. She had an aneurysm (I can't believe I spelled that word right the first time) early last week, and died on Wednesday. As she wasn't a relative and, like I said, I hadn't seen her in a while, I wasn't too torn up about it when I found out. Just sad. But getting to the church and seeing others crying in the choir loft really got to me. Seeing her husband got me even more. I just don't like funerals or death. I'd very much appreciate it if life could get rid of those sometime soon.

For no reason at all, the boyfriend gave me a gift on Friday night. Yes, that's right. No reason at all. He's of the opinion that he doesn't need a day to love me more, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Especially when he gives me gifts for no reason at all.

He gave me the new Shins cd, "Wincing the Night Away." If you're a Shin's fan at all, you'll probably poop a brick over this cd. It's good. It's different; not every song is Shins-y. They've expanded their horizons, it would seem.

My friend gave me Belle and Sebastian's "The Life Pursuit" the other day and it's been all I can listen too. With, of course, the exception of the present given to me for no reason at all. I just can't get over how all over the place it is and how they've managed to make every song perfect.

On tea, well, there's a song on "The Life Pursuit" called "For the P***e of a Cup of Tea" that keeps getting stuck in my head. Also, I've had a few cups of green tea with honey lately, and they've been rather soothing. Especially because they come out of my Office Space mug.

No comments: