04 January 2007

Sympathy garnered here

So the apparent shit storm that was preventing me from breathing like a normal human being (through my nose) was just a severe allergy attack. I hate saying that, because it seems to take away from the miserableness that was me for a few days. I honestly thought I was going to drown in my own snot. I almost got my roommate to take me to the hospital one night. What would I have said? "I can only breathe through my nose and it's REALLY freaking me out!" God I'm silly when I'm sick.

Luckily (so that I don't sound like a complete fruit), the doctor told me that if I had let this go untreated it could have turned into a sinus infection. Score! A real 'feel sorry for me' sickness! So that's what I've been opening with when people ask me if I'm feeling better. People, I LOVE sympathy. I feel ok admitting this, because everyone knows that if you admit something bad about yourself people can't hate you for it. So anyway, any sympathy that I can get is good sympathy. I'm a sympathy whore.

The doctor gave me a sample of Nasonex to try. It's not supposed to work its best until 2-3 days have passed, but it's already made a difference. Will I have to change from pills to nasal spray? I've been so faithful to my over-the-counter (i.e. cheap) Claritin that I'd feel like a traitor going to another allergy medicine. What to do, what to do.

I do feel kind of hard-core using nasal sprays. It's like saying that my allergies are SO BAD that I need a medicine that goes directly to the trouble spot. Pills don't cut it for me people. I've got allergies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to cedar fever. Ain't it great?

soylentdeen said...

hope you feel better!!