10 November 2006

My own personal date

I'm usually driving to Huntsville or waiting for the boyfriend to arrive on Friday nights. But tonight is a bit different. We've got a girl's night planned for tomorrow, so the boyfriend isn't showing up this weekend. Almost everyone I know has got things to do, and even if some people don't, I've been a bit anti-social lately. I should remedy that, but it's hard when half of your life is in a different city and you're still fairly new to this one. But I digress.

Since I've got a lot of time to myself tonight, I think I'm going to treat myself to a movie. I'm trying to decide what to see. I've narrowed it down to Babel, The Queen, or Running with Scissors. If I'm feeling like I want to be enlightened in some way, I'll see Babel. Or The Queen. If I'm feeling quirky, it'll be Running with Scissors. I'm not sure what movie I'm more likely to see with someone else. I'll probably end up at Running with Scissors. I'm sure you're riveted by all of this.

It's been a while since I've seen a movie by myself. I think the last time was when I saw Thank You for Smoking. The first movie I ever saw on my own was Ladder 49. It was a big step for me. I was newly single, trying to remind myself that I could do things on my own, and, well, it had Joaquin Phoenix in it. (By the way, if you're not following the links, I highly recommend clicking on that one.) I'd always been nervous about seeing a movie alone, and the first time was tough. But after a few tries, I think I've got it down pretty good.

I think I'll go with Running with Scissors. I need to laugh. Has anyone else seen their first movie alone yet?

No comments: