24 November 2006

The day after

I'm sitting in the cafe at Hastings right now, waiting for the boyfriend to get off of work (25 more minutes...can I make this blog last that long?). A jerk just walked in with a Starbucks cup in hand. Hastings makes a better mocha than Starbucks, hands down. Plus it's a few cents cheaper. Pinch your pennies!

I went shopping today with my mom. It was definitely a crowded day, but not quite as bad as I thought it'd be. Could have been that everyone in College Station had travelled to Austin for the Lone Star Showdown (aka Longhorns vs. Aggies), or it could have been that everyone had finished their shopping by the time we got there. We didn't arrive to our first store until after 9, serious shoppers that we are. I didn't do as great as I wanted, but such is the life of someone who lives from paycheck to paycheck.

Does anyone else find it odd that there is a TV show on ESPN and several magazines dedicated to Fantasy Football? Look, I realize that fantasy football is a big deal with some people (many people, apparently), but it just doesn't strike me as something that I'd want to spend my time and money on. What ever happened to good old fashioned betting? Why can't people just stick with the secret office pool and call it a day? Maybe I just don't want to take the time to understand all of the intricacies involved with it.

I can't BELIEVE the Aggies beat the Longhorns.

No comments: