31 October 2006

All you need is Willie Nelson

Do you like Willie Nelson? Do you like Ryan Adams and the Cardinals? If so, we can be friends and listen to Songbird together. And we will enjoy ourselves.

I was Agnetha Faltskog for Halloween, and my cousin was Anni-Frid Lyngstad. In short, we were the wonderful women from ABBA. I had fun with this on Saturday night, but I think I had even more fun at work today. My boss fashioned a microphone for me using a screwdriver, a stress ball, and cardstock. I painted it black and sprinkled gold glitter on it. It just sat there for most of the Halloween party we had in our office; that is, until one of the professors came in. He was attempting to vote on best costume, and when my boss told him who I was, his face lit up and he declared that he loved ABBA. And he wasn't kidding. Apparently he saw Mamma Mia!, the ABBA musical, three times. And he knew all the words. AND, we ended up singing some of Ferdinand together, which ended up being filmed with the office camera. If I can, I'll try to share that with my dear readers.

I don't think I need to tell you how awesome it was to sing ABBA with a professor who tends to keep to himself and who can be a tad intimidating. No longer. He loves ABBA.

I tried to sign up to write a blog every day in November, but I have a feeling I might fail at this. I don't know if it will bother me much when it happens (the failure, that is), but right now I really, really want to make sure I write a blog entry every day. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck!

Since I am home sick today, posting was easy, but this will be a hectic month.

Anonymous said...

A fellow NaBloPoMo'er - I clicked, I read.