11 December 2006

I am woman, therefore I have cramps

Currently at home right now. That's right, in the middle of the morning. I decided that I wouldn't ignore my lady cramps this month. And anyway, it only makes them worse to try and deal with them at work, ya know? I'd rather just curl up in my bed and curse that I am woman.

I sometimes wish women could choose when they're going to start their periods. I remember when my friends were all shaving their legs and I felt so left out. My mom, being the extremely smart woman that she is, told me that once I shaved, I couldn't go back. The hair just keeps growing, and you have to keep shaving. How right she was. (I realize that some women decide to just let the hair grow, but I really like the way my legs feel after I shave. Yeah, I'm addicted)

So if we can put off that grown-up activity until we're ready, why oh why can't we wait until, say, we're ready to have kids to start our periods? Maybe we could activate it by using a tampon or pad for the first time. Of course, we'd know that we couldn't go back, but hey, that's life, right?

I recently told Jared that I was going to start my period soon (so watch out), and he jokingly said something like, "Again? Didn't you just have it?" I told him he summed up the feelings I experience every. single. month.

No comments: